Staff Assistant (#401214334)
Requisition Number: 401214334
Please visit the Duke HR website and submit your cover letter and resume.
You may also submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Provide high-level administrative support and advice to the Senior Executive Director (SR. ED), Children's Development on a wide range of issues, including complex situations of a confidential and sensitive nature.Analyze complex issues, identify viable options and communicate options to the SR. ED, and when appropriate, implement solutions. Work independently to manage projects as assigned by the SR. ED. Provide administrative management and coordination for the functions reporting to SR. ED. Maintain confidential files and information, demonstrating sound judgment when dealing with donor information and sensitive issues concerning prospects and donors.
- Provide high-level support and advice to the SR. ED, Children's Development on a wide range of assignments associated with complex projects, including issues of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Exercise judgment and independent initiative in bringing information or issues to the attention of the SR. ED and follow through on implementation of decisions on behalf of the SR. ED.
- Serve as chief time management point person for SR. ED.
- Maintain a global view of upcoming meetings, presentations and appointments.
- Manage and provide daily calendar and prepare SR. ED for meetings and tasks.
- Anticipate and block working time for the SR. ED, and assist with preparation of materials, ongoing organization and tracking of project information, and readiness for meetings and presentations.
- Manage and delegate projects on behalf of the SR. ED. Arrange and confirm meetings, appointments and events hosted or organized by the SR. ED.
- Manage scheduling of numerous recurring meetings.
- Meet with SR. ED daily to prioritize requests for time and support of on-going projects.Independently research issues as assigned by the SR. ED and gather all relevant data to assistthe SR. ED in making informed decisions.
- Work independently to research and analyze topics as requested by the SR.ED.
- Summarize, present information and recommendations for actions to the SR. ED.
- Coordinate and logistically support all National Board of Advisors (NBA) activities including meetings, dinners and retreats.
- Prepare all meeting materials for pre-mailings, presentations, and attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Manage the SR. ED's prospect list; coordinate the flow of information regarding prospect/donor information, and communication across all Duke Health Development & Alumni Affairs fundraising programs.
- Enter moves and other pertinent gift cycle/donor progress information into DADD.
- Coordinate with the DHDAA Data Manager and become expert at using the database system to extract data for analytical study and reporting.
- Coordinate all travel for the SR. ED including reservations for air travel, car rental, hotel and conference registrations.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/online requests and reconciliation, ensuring compliance with Duke Health Development procedures and Duke University travel policies and procedures as needed.
- Read and evaluate all incoming correspondence, documents, and publications. Draft replies for the SR. ED's signature, direct to appropriate person or handle personally.
- Keep the SR. ED informed of important changes affecting policies and procedures.
- Independently determine which items are to be forwarded to the SR. ED or redirected to other staff and prepare background information.
- Manage daily operations of the office of the Senior Executive Director, Children's Development.Collaborate with and provide cross coverage as appropriate with Duke Children's Staff Specialist.
As assigned by the SR. ED, undertake unique, sensitive and confidential projects which are not appropriate for assignment to other individuals. These short- and long- term projects include but are not limited to analysis, review, writing, research, documentation, and confidential information regarding prospects and donors.
Work with the Business Manager for Children's Development to ensure proper submission of receipts and information necessary for clearing corporate card charges and online expense reports for the SR. ED.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills that demonstrate ability to set priorities, develop work schedule, and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively, and accurately in a fast paced and complex organization.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and a strong commitment to attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that reflect ability to write clearly and without error and speak in a professional and articulate manner.
- Customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of both internal and external clients.
- Strong commitment to team environment with the ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to identify problems and generate possible solutions.
- Flexibility to adjust to address pressing needs as they develop.
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate some evening and weekend events and occasional general overtime.
- Computer experience and demonstrated skill in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Access a plus.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE