Staff Specialist (#401214335)
Requisition Number: 401214335
Please visit the Duke HR website and submit your cover letter and resume.
You may also submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving Strategy and Market Development, the Staff Specialist works with colleagues in Annual Giving programs to help reach the division's annual giving program goals.This position performs administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature, including working with donor records.The Staff Specialist will communicate both written and orally with a wide range of internal and external constituents in a customer service role. In addition, the position will manage program performance metrics and must have strong analytical and technical skills.
- Manage the daily appointments for the Executive Director and other positions on the Central Annual Giving team.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, reserve rooms, order supplies and materials; confirm appointments and other related activities.
- Gather and prepare the Executive Director's daily folders, ensuring the Director has the appropriate material for each day's agenda.
- Update and maintain an electronic calendar.
- Answer questions concerning development activities.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external customers. Makes proper referrals as necessary.
- Processes checks and prepares acknowledgements for all gifts to the Duke Health Fund, including ensuring physician accuracy for all in honor/in memorial gifts. Work includes learning the development database(DADD) and patient database(Engage.)Manages Performance and Technique Code Report for all Duke Health solicitations using development database (DADD)and Microsoft Excel programs.
- Prepare written communications and presentations, insuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness in documents such as: correspondence, memorandums and statements.
- Manages Communication Code Tracking Program for all Annual Giving solicitations and communications, and works in partnership with other units and central team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of entry.
- Maintains Smart Sheet Communications and Solicitation Calendar and partners with other units to ensure information is up to date, accurate, and projects are closed on time.
- Plan meetings, retreats, conferences and other-related activities associated with the Duke Health Annual Giving program.
- Works with finance team to process all invoices for Central Annual Giving program.
- Make travel arrangements for travel for Executive Director and other members of the Central Annual Giving Team.
- Coordinate records and manage documents.
- Maintain an organized filing system of reports, correspondence required for reference and efficient operation.
- Maintain up to date management and procedural manuals, directives, and related records.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including strength in Excel.Ability to adapt to numerous technical databases and programs.
Ability to manage all set up and correspondence for web conferences and calls.
Strong writing ability for correspondence with donors and meeting summaries.
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and ability to effectively communicate with multiple audiences.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research andcommunications principles normally acquired through two years ofpostsecondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to thespecific position may be substituted for the education and two yearsof the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE